Before cooler weather arrives, you’re wise to get your home systems ready for action. You can winterize your home by cleaning your gutters to allow snow melt to drain freely, and heading to your local hardware store to get door stops to fix those pesky drafts. But there are other energy-saving projects you should perform each fall to ensure that your heating system can function efficiently, and energy bills remain low.
Here’s what you can do:
- Schedule a preventive maintenance appointment for your furnace to make sure it’s ready for another cold winter. Costly emergency repairs due to appliance failure can be easily avoided by having your heating system’s core components checked and cleaned. And you’ll get peace of mind that comes from knowing that when you turn the thermostat on for the first time, your house will be nothing but warm and cozy.
- Maintenance also ensures peak system performance, and lower heating bills, too.
- Make sure your ducts are leak-free. Leaky ducts let heated air escape from the system, leading to an uncomfortable home and higher energy costs, as your furnace must compensate for that lost air.
- Ensure that your plumbing pipes are properly insulated and in good working order. Well-insulated pipes will help maintain the temperature of the water as it travels through the plumbing system, and this step translates directly into lower energy bills. It will also help to keep pipes from freezing and then bursting.
- Consider upgrading your home’s insulation, as this action will eliminate heat transfer through the home’s structure, saving you money immediately in reduced energy costs and adding value to your property.
So don’t wait until it’s too late to winterize your home, and let the experts at Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning give you the peace of mind you deserve. Give us a call today and see why homeowners in the Route 495/128 area of Massachusetts have trusted us with all of their heating, cooling and plumbing needs since 1928.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Solutions Guide.
Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning serves the Route 495/128 area of Massachusetts. . Visit our website to see our special offers to get started today!
Image via Shutterstock.com