Having a whole house generator installed is like having a guard on duty every hour of the day. Your home, family and possessions are protected 24/7 with a backup supply of power most homeowners generally take for granted. Only when it goes off do we realize how crucial it is.
A whole house generator stands guard
Treacherous weather, power plant blackouts, accidents involving power poles and other threats to your power grid are of no concern to you with a whole house generator. Whether you’re at home or away, a home generator:
- Starts up in seconds once a transfer switch senses the home’s power is off
- Operates as long as needed when connected to a natural or propane gas supply
- Keeps all home operations running, from the refrigerator to the water heater to each circuit in your home
- Runs quietly outdoors with no fuel odors, no carbon monoxide — nothing to manually turn on or off
- Determines when normal power returns and shuts off automatically
No matter what causes your home to lose power, with a whole house generator, you’ll be guaranteed continuous power to your home.
Peace of mind
Even if vacations or travels take you out of the country, you can rest assured you’ll have no flooded basement, no spoiled food or frozen and burst pipes. With occasional routine maintenance, these generators remain ready to supply power in an instant and last around 20 years under normal conditions.
Whole house generators are no longer for the few and increasing demand has made them even more affordable. Get more information on protecting your home and family from power outages by contacting us at Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We are happy to give you all the details about keeping the lights on at your home.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about generators and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Solutions Guide.
Generator image via Shutterstock