Preventive maintenance is essential for lengthening the life of your heating and cooling system and keeping it running efficiently. Just like with major repairs and equipment installations, you want to work with somebody you trust to handle your valuable home comfort equipment.
Finding a reputable contractor is not as simple as looking in the phone book. Ask these questions before you make your decision:
- Are your technicians NATE-certified? NATE certification is only awarded when a technician passes a series of rigorous tests. You can be sure you are getting excellent service and the benefit of knowledge about the latest technologies and energy-saving techniques.
- Can you provide references? Look for customer testimonials and ask the contractor to provide references whom you can speak with directly. You should also asks your friends and colleagues to provide feedback about contractors they have hired.
- Do you guarantee your work? Whether it is preventive maintenance or new equipment installation, a reputable contractor should stand behind his work with a guarantee or warranty.
- Can you provide local licenses and proof of insurance? Most states require contractors to be licensed and to carry liability and worker’s compensation insurance. Your contractor should have this information readily available for you to review.
- Do you provide price guarantees? When a contractor gives you a quote for preventive maintenance, you don’t want any surprises when it comes to the final cost. Review pricing policies before you commit, and look for a contractor who provides firm pricing up front.
- Do you offer preventive maintenance service contracts? A service contract comes with many benefits, including priority service, transferrable contracts, convenient scheduling and peace of mind. Ask your contractor about the programs they offer and how you can benefit from signing up.
For preventive maintenance in Massachusetts, call the professionals at Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. We meet all of the above criteria and much more. Our trained technicians have the expertise and experience to keep your home comfort equipment operating efficiently all year long. Call us today to schedule an appointment or to ask any questions you might have.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about preventive maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Solutions Guide.
Rodenhiser Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning serves the Route 495/128 area of Massachusetts. Visit our website to see our special offers to get started today!