When it comes to maintaining and repairing your heating and air conditioning system, hire a contractor that employs HVAC technicians who are knowledgeable, dependable and qualified. One way to ensure that the job will be done right is to ask for technicians who have earned NATE certification.
The North American Technician Excellence program certifies HVAC professionals who have passed rigorous exams testing their expert and up-to-date knowledge in the heating and cooling industry as well as their customer service skills.
It isn’t easy to earn NATE certification. A technician must take and pass several tests, including:
- Core exams that cover the basic knowledge needed for installation, service and status as senior technicians. These tests cover communication skills, math and basic science, personal ethics and conduct, interpersonal relations, fabrication tools, hazardous materials, safety, basic construction designs, temperature and humidity measurements and basic electrical skills.
- Specialty exams that test a technician’s knowledge of the installation, service maintenance and repair of the heating and cooling system in which the technician specializes.
NATE-certified technicians have proven their ability to provide excellent service. By hiring a NATE certified technician, you’re ensuring that:
- Your heating and cooling system will be installed properly.
- The job will be performed quickly, efficiently and correctly the first time.
- You will receive trustworthy advice and recommendations.
It pays to do your homework when choosing a heating and air conditioning contractor. One of the most experienced in Massachusetts is Rodenhiser. We’ve been making people comfortable for more than 80 years, and we’ll do the job the way it should be done.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about choosing an HVAC contractor and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Solutions Guide.