We here at Rodenhiser like to say, “It costs less to maintain equipment than to repair it”. It’s true for your HVAC system, and it’s true for your plumbing system as well. Plumbing maintenance plans offer Massachusetts homeowners a way to keep their systems running smoothly, while preventing costly repairs and breakdowns.
Unfortunately, most homeowners don’t think about plumbing maintenance until there’s a problem. We feel that it’s better to head off plumbing issues rather than have to deal with the inconvenience and (often major) expense involved with repairs. So, we offer our customers our Service Partner Plan for plumbing. Considering the benefits of this type of plan, we think that it’s a wise investment. When you sign up for our plan you get:
- No emergency visit fees
- Priority service
- Discounts of up to 15% on necessary repairs
- Qualified professionals with experience in plumbing service
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- A transferable service agreement
- Ongoing safety inspections that catch potential problems early
- Water heater replacement credits
So, what’s involved with a plumbing maintenance visit? Your technician will make several points of inspection in 5 main categories:
1. Water heaters- We clean and check the burner assembly, drain the water heater and clear tank of sediment. Checks are performed on the vent assembly, temperature and pressure relief valve, thermostat settings and all safety controls.
2. Toilets- We inspect for leaks and proper flush and check the water measuring device. The float ball, overflow tube and linkage will be adjusted
and set to manufacturer’s specs.
3. Water pressure- We check the pressure on incoming lines and check and adjust the regulator as necessary.
4. Valves/Connections- We check all valves for proper operation and check all outside faucets. Your tech will also label the main shut-off valve for easy emergency identification if necessary. All connections and hoses to dishwashers and washing machines are checked and loose packing nuts are tightened.
5. Drains/Piping- We check all copper piping for corrosion and check all drains for proper operation and back-pitch.
We call our plumbing maintenance plan a “Service Partner Plan” for a reason. We feel that your technician is your partner in keeping your plumbing system functioning properly, so that you and your family can enjoy years of trouble-free operation.
Contact us to find out more about what a plumbing maintenance plan can do for you.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about plumbing maintenance plans and other plumbing topics, download our free Home Comfort Solutions Guide.